Lancaster Central Market Wedding // Carolyn & Steve
March 20, 2020 , Weddings
It’s a weird/confusing/sad time in the world, so I’m throwing it back to a super fun and beautiful day from last September. When I first met with Carolyn & Steve, they described their vision for a Lancaster Central Market wedding outdoors that blended a historic area with modern style. Well, it’s safe to say they completely nailed it. They even earned a print feature in Susquehanna Style magazine. So cool!
We started off wandering the streets of downtown Lancaster, Pennsylvania for portraits and wedding party photos. Carolyn & Steve exchanged vows (led by the mayor!) outside the Central Market, with cocktail hour inside Passenger Coffee. Guests joined at one long dinner table for an intimate meal and toasts outside, then showed off their dance moves at a larger party upstairs at the Historic Masonic Lodge. Not many have had events in the Lodge, and I was blown away by the stunning painted ceiling and antique details!
Whenever I write a blog post, I try to think of the things that really stood out. At Carolyn & Steve’s wedding, there are so many! Maybe it’s the champagne tower they poured instead of cutting a cake, which REALLY needs to be the new wedding trend. Maybe it’s the first dance and parent dances, set to Bon Iver songs that made me cry and play “Hey Ma” on repeat for weeks. Or maybe it’s the ceremony exit, when all the excitement, stress and planning culminated in two of the biggest smiles. Through and through, C&S had a party to remember, and I’m so glad I was a part of it. Enjoy this Lancaster Central Market wedding in full, and check out the bottom of the page for a long and awesome vendor crew.
- Ceremony & Dinner: Lancaster Central Market Alley
- Cocktail Hour: Passenger Coffee
- Reception: Historic Masonic Lodge (privately owned)
- Coordination: Treasured Events
- Catering: The Scarlet Runner
- Bar: The Pressroom
- Officiant: Lancaster Mayor Danene Sorace
- Bride’s Attire: BHLDN gown, Shutz shoes, Vivian Drew earrings
- Groom & Groomsmen Attire: Central PA Tuxedo
- Bridesmaid Attire: BHLDN gowns, The Boho Sophisticate earrings
- Bride’s Hair: Hair by Lori Linton
- Groom’s Hair: Hair at DFB Studios
- Makeup: Svetlana Keens
- Florals: Dalanna Haldeman & J and Co Florals
- Dessert: Weckerly’s Ice Cream
- DJ: Lance Kopp